Yukon Nominee Program
The Yukon is located in the far northwest of Canada. It is home to small community living and the great outdoors.
There are two programs in the Yukon that you may be eligible to apply to. They are the
Skilled Worker Stream or Strategic Employee Stream
Is the position eligible for the program?
An employer can apply under the Skilled Worker stream if the position to be filled requires skill levels 0, A or B of the National Occupational Classification and under the Strategic Employee stream if the position to be filled requires skill levels C or D.
Submitting an application
- Both the employer and the foreign worker complete the Territorial Immigration Nominee Program application form .
- Make sure the person's language proficiency tests were taken within two years of applying, as we only accept recent tests.
- Make sure that the documents accompanying the application are certified copies. You must provide certified translations of documents written in languages other than French or English.
- Check that the form is duly completed. Enter "s." y. (not applicable) in fields that do not apply to your situation.
- Submit the application and accompanying documents.
- We process requests on a first-come, first-served basis. You should receive a response within 12-14 weeks.
- Once we have processed your application, the federal government will consider it. The worker and any family members accompanying them to Canada must meet the federal requirements to live and work in Canada. This process is separate from the Program application and takes longer.
- During the assessment of the application, the worker maintains his professional status in Canada, that is, he must have a valid work permit and temporary resident status.
To determine which option is best for you to immigrate to Canada, please complete a generic Pre-Qualification (Assessment) or navigate to our home page and you can choose which country you are immigrating from in the drop down.