Ontario Nominee Program
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
Ontario is the largest populous province in Canada with major metropolitan cities such as Ottawa and Toronto and is made up of more than 50% people born outside of Canada.
Ontario has up to eight immigration streams you can apply for if you are found eligible.
If you have a job offer in Ontario, the following streams operate through the OINP’s Expression of Interest System. To qualify, you must register an expression of interest and receive an invitation to apply.
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream
Apply for the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream if you are a skilled foreign worker with a job offer in Ontario. This stream is available to candidates inside and outside of Canada that have a valid job offer are in TEER categories 1, 2 or 3
Employer Job Offer: International Student stream
Apply for the Employer Job Offer: International Student stream if you are a recent graduate with a job offer in Ontario. International Student stream gives international students with a job offer in a skilled occupation the opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in Ontario.
Your job offer must be in a skilled occupation at TEER (Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities) category 0, 1, 2 or 3 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream
Apply for the Employer Job Offer: In Demand Skills stream if you are a foreign worker in an in-demand occupation with a job offer in Ontario.
The position offered can be in any location in Ontario (inside and outside the Greater Toronto Area) and must be in one of the following occupations in National Occupational Classification (NOC) TEER category 4 or 5:
- NOC 44101 - Home support workers, caregivers and related occupations
- NOC 65202 - Meat cutters and fishmongers – retail and wholesale
- NOC 75110 - Construction trades helpers and labourers
- NOC 84120 - Specialized livestock workers and farm machinery operators
- NOC 85100 - Livestock labourers
- NOC 85101 - Harvesting labourers
- NOC 85103 - Nursery and greenhouse labourers
- NOC 94141 - Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
The position offered must be outside the Greater Toronto Area (City of Toronto, Durham, Halton, York and Peel regions) and must be in one of the following occupations in National Occupational Classification (NOC) TEER category 4 or 5:
- NOC 94100 - Machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- NOC 94105 - Metalworking and forging machine operators
- NOC 94106 - Machining tool operators
- NOC 94107 - Machine operators of other metal products
- NOC 94110 - Chemical plant machine operators
- NOC 94111 - Plastics processing machine operators
- NOC 94124 - Woodworking machine operators
- NOC 94132 - Industrial sewing machine operators
- NOC 94140 - Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing
- NOC 94201 - Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers
- NOC 94204 - Mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- NOC 94213 - Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
- NOC 94219 - Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
- NOC 95102 - Labourers in chemical products processing and utilities
If you have a Masters or PhD degree from an Ontario university, the following streams operate through the OINP’s Expression of Interest System. To qualify, you must register an expression of interest and receive an invitation to apply.
4. Masters Graduate stream
Apply for the Masters Graduate stream if you have a masters degree from an Ontario university.
5. PhD Graduate stream
Apply for the PhD Graduate stream if you have a PhD degree from an Ontario university.
If you have the skills and experience that Ontario employers need, the following streams operate through the federal government’s Express Entry System. To qualify, you must have an Express Entry profile and receive a notification of interest from Ontario.
6. Human Capital Priorities stream
Apply for the Human Capital Priorities stream if you have the required skilled work experience, education and language abilities
7. Skilled Trades stream
Apply for the Skilled Trades stream if you are a foreign worker with Ontario work experience in an eligible skilled trade.
8. French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream
Apply for the French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream if you are a French-speaking foreign worker with strong English language abilities.
Provincial Fees for processing:
The OINP application fee is a non-refundable $1,500 CAD. If the province approves the application, Ontario will notify the applicant they have been selected for provincial nomination. This notification will be sent to the applicant's IRCC online account.
Other government fees will be listed on the IRCC website or in your retainer agreement when you sign up.
For assistance please complete a generic Pre-Qualification (Assessment) or navigate to our home page and you can choose which country you are immigrating from in the drop down.