Northwest Territories Nominee Program

Northwest Territories Nominee Program

The Northwest Territories is located in the farthest northern hemisphere of North America.  It is made up of small communities and large outdoor spaces.  If you would like to immigrate to the Northwest Territories, review this information carefully.

The Employer-Driven Stream is for employers who want to hire and nominate foreign nationals when there are no Canadians or Canadian Permanent Residents available. This stream helps employers hire critically needed and skilled workers, and helps workers achieve Canadian Permanent Residency through three program categories.

For this stream to work, you first need a job offer from an NWT employer. To find a potential employer, try these websites, which list employment opportunities in the NWT:

  • Edge North Job Board¬†
  • Canada Job Bank (search Northwest Territories)
  • GNWT Careers¬†
  • Northern News Services Job Listings
  • Indeed Jobs - Northwest Territories¬†
  • Once you have a job offer from an NWT employer, the employer will need to contact our team and apply for one of three program categories:

  • ENTRY LEVEL/SEMI-SKILLED OCCUPATIONS:¬† This category is for occupations that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) TEER 4 or 5.¬† To be eligible, foreign nationals must have worked full time in the same position with the employer for six months and be in good standing with the requirements of their temporary foreign work permit.
  • SKILLED WORKER: This category is for occupations that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3.¬† To be eligible, foreign nationals must be able to demonstrate they have the training, experience and education to fulfill the needs of the job description. The skilled worker must have one year of full-time experience in the relevant occupation.¬†
  • Provincial Fees for processing:¬†

    There are no specific Provincial processing fees.

    Other government fees will be listed on the IRCC website or in your retainer agreement when you sign up. For assistance please complete a generic Pre-Qualification (Assessment) or navigate to our home page and you can choose which country you are immigrating from in the drop down.