Manitoba Nominee Program
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
Manitoba is one of the Prairie Provinces located in the center of Canada. With its flat lands, many lakes and northern living, it is one of Canada’s most beautiful provinces.
To immigrate through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), you must first submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). This means you have to complete a series of questions online. Based on the answers you give; you’ll receive a score.
The highest scoring candidates may then be invited to submit an MPNP application.
If successful, you will receive a provincial nomination from Manitoba. You can then use this nomination to make another application directly to the Canadian federal government for permanent residency visas for you and your family. If you are an Express Entry candidate, you can do this through the Express Entry system.
Skilled Worker Stream offers to qualified skilled workers, with characteristics indicating a strong potential of becoming economically established in Manitoba, an opportunity to be assessed as candidates who can make a positive long-term contribution to the provincial economy and are therefore nominated for Permanent Resident Status in Canada.
- i) Candidates who believe they qualify under program criteria may submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). The Immigration Department’s website contains links to self-assessment tools and all necessary information regarding program criteria, NOC descriptions, and required supporting documents.
- ii) Candidates are responsible for providing full and accurate information in their EOI and ensure that all information provided can be substantiated with supporting documentation, should they be invited to submit a full application.
iii) EOIs are ranked against others in the pool of submitted EOIs. On a regular basis, the MPNP conducts draws from this pool and invites the highest-scoring candidates to submit full applications. The draws may exclude certain occupations or profiles. Details on exclusions are provided on the Immigratemanitoba.com website at the time of the draw.
- iv) Applicants are responsible for providing full and complete applications and for providing verifiable documentation and their bona fides with regard to all aspects of their application.
- v) Applications are assessed against established program criteria.
- vi) Approved candidates are identified as Manitoba Provincial Nominees who may be eligible for permanent resident status in Canada.
Occupations in Demand: https://immigratemanitoba.com/work-in-manitoba/in-demand-occupations
Candidates inside Canada must work for minimum 6 months and meet the following requirements:
- The offer of long-term employment must be from the same employer for whom you have been working full-time for the required time period.
- You must have all qualifications for the position including training/education and any required licence or certification.
- You must have job-ready English; specifically you must demonstrate the English or French proficiency to fulfill the duties of your job description.
- Your connection to Manitoba through employment must be stronger than ties you may have to another province.
- You must demonstrate in a Settlement Plan your intention and plan to live, work and establish your work and family life in Manitoba as a permanent resident.
International Graduates can also apply if they meet the requirements.
Candidates outside Canada must have a valid job offer from a Manitoba employer and meet the following requirements:
In addition to demonstrating a strong connection to Manitoba; previously living or studying in Manitoba, Friend or Family ties, every candidate who wants to be considered under the Skilled Worker Overseas stream must score at least 60 points based on five factors in order to be eligible. If you do not have a connection to Manitoba, you are not eligible under this stream, regardless of your points total.
A copy of the Manitoba Points Grid:
For assistance please complete a generic Pre-Qualification (Assessment) or navigate to our home page and you can choose which country you are immigrating from in the drop down.